This great-tasting smoothie recipe with haritaki (Terminalia chebula) extract may help improve joint health and digestive health.
If you want to improve joint health health, try our healthy smoothie recipe. It blends fresh fruits, supplements, and a selection of all-natural extracts, including Haritaki extract (Terminalia chebula). Haritaki makes a great joint health supplement. Improve joint health, digestive health, energy, and awareness, all while transforming your body from the inside out. Best of all — these Haritaki extract smoothies taste great!
Joint Health Smoothies Incorporate Dark Fruits
We like to add dark fruits to our joint health smoothies. For one thing, they’re antioxidants. For another, the purple pigment in dark fruits contains flavonoids, including resveratrol, which can help decrease blood pressure. Resveratrol helps relax the arterial walls, decreases the pressure in the arteries, and promotes better circulation. Dark fruits also contain polyphenols, which can reduce the inflammatory response in the body.
Tip: Want your smoothies to be thicker and less liquid-like? Freeze your favorite dark fruits like blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, and elderberries. And if you choose to include banana, you can freeze it too!
Joint Health Smoothies Include Haritaki Extract
Extracts and supplements are herbs, vitamins, minerals, and other healthy ingredients. Healthy smoothie recipes that support joint health incorporate Haritaki extract. As desired, they can also incorporate Paeonia lactiflora extract, omega oil, flaxseed, and protein powder.
Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) Extract
Haritaki extract supports joint health and digestive health. Preparations are also used as a cardiotonic. Therapeutic uses include strengthening and nourishing the joint tissues and supporting the proper function of the colon, lungs, liver, and spleen. Highly revered in India, Haritaki extract is also believed to increase energy, intelligence, and awareness. Read our Haritaki FAQ here and buy it here.
Paeonia lactiflora (White Peony Root) Extract
Paeonia lactiflora is used to support immune system health, reduce inflammation, reduce fatigue, and protect the brain. The water/ethanol extract of white peony root is known as total glucosides of peony (TGP). In scientific studies, TPG has shown analgesic, anti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory, and antioxidant effects. Learn more here and buy it here.
Our healthy smoothie recipe includes the following supplements:
- Omega Oil: Research suggests omega-3 fatty acids may help protect against Alzheimer’s and dementia and may have a positive effect on gradual memory loss linked to aging.
- Flaxseed: It contains Omega-3s (which support memory), lignans (antioxidants), and fiber, and it may help fight heart disease, diabetes, and breast cancer.
- Protein Powder: It’s an easy and convenient source of high-quality protein.
Joint Health Smoothie Recipe
Here’s a great (and very healthy!) smoothie recipe for joint health. (Makes 2 servings)
- 2 cups of frozen dark fruits
- 1/2 banana (optional)
- 2 cups of liquid [flaxseed milk or unsweetened (vanilla) almond milk]
- 1 t Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) extract
- 1 t Paeonia extract (optional)
- 1 T omega oil
- 1 T flaxseed
- 1/4 cup (1 scoop) of high-quality protein powder (optional)
- Add fruit and supplements.
- Add liquid and blend well.
- Adjust the consistency to your liking — add ice or more protein powder to thicken or add more liquid to thin it out.
- Pour into two glasses and enjoy your smoothies!